Bilingual 4 Course Syllabus 教学大纲
Teacher (教师): Ruth Zhang（张娆英）Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Course Description (课程介绍):
“My First Chinese Reader” is a set of textbooks specially designed to teach Chinese language skills to children of non-native Chinese families and those living in non-Chinese speaking communities. In this Bilingual 4 class, we will use volume 3 of the My First Chinese Reader Book series. Volume 3 contains 14 lessons that combine the following teaching methods: an easy step-by-step approach; a comprehensive selection of characters and sentence patterns; highly relevant scenarios covering school, family, daily life, sports, etc; and a stroke-by-stroke approach to writing Chinese characters. Illustrated with simplified Chinese characters, Pinyin, and colorful pictures, this book introduces little readers to basic Chinese sentences in a daily living environment. There are also sections on Vocabulary, Drills, and Reading and Writing at the end of each lesson, along with English translations for each vocabulary word and sentence.
1. My First Chinese Reader Volume 3（Simplified Chinese Characters）Lesson 31 – 36
2. My First Chinese Reader Volume 3 WorkBook A
3. My First Chinese Reader Volume 3 WorkBook B
1. Listen, speak, read, and write in Chinese at the appropriate level.
2. Learn about Chinese culture and history
1. Weekly attendance, punctuality, and classroom participation（课堂出勤和表現）： 30%
2. Homework（家庭作业）： 20%
3. Presentations In Class（课堂演示）：30%
4. Mid & Final exams（期中和期末考试 ）：20%